Friday 3 January 2014

10 Things About Me

Hello!

Welcome to the first ever post on Enchanting & Elegant. It's lovely to have you here. I couldn't think of a better way to start my blog than to let you all know a little bit about me. So, without further ado, here's my 10 Things About Me post.

1. I'm quite a shy person. Although many people describe me as bubbly, friendly and outgoing, behind it all I'm terrified. Sometimes, before a night out or lunch date with even a close friend I'm filled with anxiety and don't even want to go. I almost always push myself to and end up having a fantastic time but in those 2/3 hours before I leave the house, I feel ill. 

2. I'm a very proud Irish girl. We may be a tiny island nation but I love where I live. We have it all, cosmopolitan cities and rugged countryside. Yep, Ireland is perfect. My little country isn't always known for it's beauty and fashion prowess but I'm out to prove that us Irish gals (and guys) are just as influential on the world's fashion stage as anyone else. 

3. I'm a self-confessed neat freak. Well, that's putting it mildly! I have OCD about cleanliness and tidiness. Everything has it's place and it must be there. Hell hath no fury like Ciara when she sees a messy kitchen. 

4. I love music but I don't really have a "type" of music. Lots of people I know have a certain style of music that they like and rarely deviate from. In my University, you're not cool if you're not into a range of hipster bands. The thing is, once a hipster band becomes popular it's not hipster anymore. Therein lies the problem! Me? I love anything from One Direction to Greenday and everything in between. If I like a song, I like it, I'm not going to say I don't because it's uncool. 

5. I'm not stick thin. I have more than a little meat on my bones but I'm happy in my body and wear things that make me happy, not things that please others. 

6. I have quite the penchant for makeup. If I wasn't on such a tight, student budget, I'd probably buy half of Mac!

7. Baking is a passion of mine. There's nothing I love more than spending an afternoon with my trusty mixer, whipping up something delicious. Baking makes me happy and helps me to de-stress. The things I bake make others happy- Win Win!

8. There is nothing on this Earth that is more important to me than my family. They mean the world to me and I love them all so much. I count each and every one of them as my best friends, this includes my dog! I tell them everything and they give the best advice and ALWAYS make me feel better. 

9. Life hasn't always been smooth sailing but I always pick myself up, dust myself off and keep on pushing through. It's tough at the time but so worth it in the end. I do consider myself to be a very strong person. Some might feel this is arrogant but I've been through a lot and haven't crumbled. For that, I am proud of myself. I make no apologies. 

10. I really like to write. My course at University doesn't really allow me to nurture this and since I've left secondary school I've always have a void that's needed to be filled. That, my friends, is the reason why Enchanting & Elegant has been born. 

Bye for Now!

Love,

Ciara

xXx

1 comment:

  1. I also love music. Doesn't matter what type of music as long as its loud! And I also love writting! I've kept a personal journal since 2003! And I blog!

    ReplyDelete